Monday 29 September 2014

A new dawn

I did something similar during my masters program and it helped me a lot to keep track of my work. So the story is that I have started a PhD program. My area of interest is Trust and reputation in E-commerce. This is kind of a sequel to my Masters final project. Anyway, I am, yet to narrow down my research area to something specific but am looking in the direction of predicting trust and reputation. Simple scenario, I need to find a pediatrician for my nephew for instance, I go online and see so many reviews about a particular doctor, say Dr. X. How can I trust these reviews, how do I know they did not originate from Dr. X. This can be applied in all areas of e-commerce from real estate to hotels to book reviews etc.

Anyway, it's such a wide area. The catch for me is that I want to do something that can be applied in the industry, something relevant not just research for research sake.

Anyway, that's it about research. So why this blog? The blog I started during my Masters degree helped me a lot to keep track and keep focused. Being an introvert, it is easy for me to put my thoughts into writing. I am still finding it difficult making friends. For those that have many, how do you guys do it?

No comments:

Post a Comment